It seems that swap chain re-sizing callback cannot catch the new size.

May 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM
In my callback function, HRESULT CALLBACK OnD3D11ResizedSwapChain(ID3D11Device* pd3dDevice, IDXGISwapChain* pSwapChain, const DXGI_SURFACE_DESC* pBackBufferSurfaceDesc, void* pUserContext), pBackBufferSurfaceDesc always returns the initial buffer size, no matter how I re-size the window at the running time.
Coordinator
May 5, 2014 at 11:39 PM
I've not able to reproduce this problem. How are you 'resizing' the window? What OS are you using?

Can you repro the problem with the BasicHLSL11 sample?
Jul 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Thanks for your attention. It finally proves that it was my fault caused by passing a ComPtr of the RTV from the swap-chain, and thus the back-buffer was locked. So, I am sorry for my previous meaningless question.

However, another question I want to consult: SDKMesh class has already had a problem on mesh bind-pose in skeletal animation since it was in DX10 SDK, and it does not support scaling bones. The relevant material is here. Unfortunately, these problems were not solved in DX11 SDK either. Now, I have solve these problems by inheritance, and fix the imperfect functions by overloading. Here, I just want to ask if these improvements on SDKMesh will be considered officially.

Although I know SDKMesh is not recommended, it is still a very convenient and popular solution to make demos for testing and academical usages. Besides, I am also willing to provide my codes that are related as reference, if necessary.
Coordinator
Jul 7, 2014 at 5:18 AM
You can propose a patch on CodePlex to DXUT and I can review it... Thanks!